Saudi Authorities Arrest 77 for Deadly Attack Linked to ISIS
November 25, 2014
(WASHINGTON, DC) - The Ministry of Interior announced yesterday that 73 Saudis and four foreigners were arrested for the Nov. 3 attack in Al-Dalwah village in Al-Ahsa governorate. Documents and media devices discovered during the investigation revealed that the terrorist cell was directly connected with ISIS.
A spokesman for the Ministry of Interior, Major General Mansour Al-Turki, said that Saudi criminal investigators were able to collect crucial information, which led to the arrest of the four attackers and their supporters. The spokesman added that the four Saudi perpetrators of the terrorist attack, identified as Abdullah bin Saeed Al-Sarhan, Khalid bin Zuid Al-Anizi, Marwan bin Ibrahim Adhifr and Tariq bin Mussad Al- Maimouni, are in custody and that three of them have previously been convicted of crimes and released after serving their sentences.
The lead attacker, Al-Sarhan, received orders from ISIS abroad “specifying the target, the targeted, and the timing of the attack,” said Major General Al-Turki.
Major General Al-Turki confirmed that all the leading perpetrators of the attack were arrested, along with 73 suspected terrorists and supporters. Those in custody include a Syrian, a Jordanian, a Turk and a person whose nationality has not been established.
Earlier this month, Saudi Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdulaziz Al-AsShaikh condemned the terrorists who carried out the criminal attack. In a televised speech on Nov. 4, Sheikh Al-AsShaikh stated, “What happened in Al-Ahsa is an example of brutal aggression and a great injustice. This is carried out by sick minds seeking to incite fitna (sedition) between people, God forbid.”