Five Arrested in Attacking on Police Patrol in Jeddah
March 09, 2017
Makkah Police Spokesman Col. Aati Al-Qurashi reported that at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 7, during a routine patrol along the Jeddah Corniche, a police patrol observed a group of motorcyclists engaged in reckless behavior and endangering public safety. While dealing with the situation, the bikers assaulted one of the police officers and intentionally drove over him. The bikers also assaulted a private security guard when he tried to help patrolman. Following the attack, the bikers fled the scene.
Col. Aati Al-Qurashi added that the two injured officers were transferred to a hospital for treatment. The police immediately launched a search for the seven perpatrators, which resulted in the arrest of five suspects.
The suspects were identified as
1. Sedeeq Majid Sedeeq Al-Rashidi (Saudi nationality, age 18)
2. Hussain Mohammed Abdulkarim (Chadian nationality, age 25)
3. Hassan Ali Musa (Chadian nationality, age 20)
4. Haroun Adam Kubar (Nigerian nationality, age 20)
5. Yagoub Ahmad Mohammed Abdulfattah (Yemeni nationality, age 28)
Col. Al-Qurashi said that law enforcement is looking for two more accomplices in the attack. He identified the two as Wajdi Nassir Ali Basabrin (Yemeni nationality, age 24) and Akram Broufa (Chadian nationality, age 20).