Deputy Prime Minister and Commander of the National Guard Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdulaziz has telephoned British Prime Minister Tony Blair to strongly condemn the heinous crime that took place in Britain. He expressed the Kingdom’s full readiness to provide any matter that its friends in Britain require. Such acts clearly point to the perpetrators' cowardliness and vileness whatever their ideologies, tendencies and orientation might be, the Crown Prince said.
For his part, Blair thanked Saudi Arabia for its brave stance and expressed his appreciation for the Crown Prince’s firm position against terrorism in all its forms.
Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Saud Al-Faisal also condemned the bombings in a call to British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw. Terrorism has nothing to do with a religion or a homeland, Prince Saud said, and added that terrorism aims to destroy, sabotage and threaten innocent lives.
The Kingdom had already, on July 7, issued a statement condemning the bombings; a press release was issued by Ambassador to the United States Prince Bandar bin Sultan and a statement made by Ambassador to the United Kingdom and Ireland Prince Turki Al-Faisal. The attacks were also condemned by the Kingdom's Grand Mufti Shaikh Abdulaziz bin Abdullah Al-AsShaikh.